Monday, August 17, 2026

LIV Golf confirms season-ending event in Michigan cancelled

-

LIV Golf confirms season-ending Team Championship event in Michigan cancelled with 2026 winner to be crowned a week earlier | Golf News | Sky Sports
Skip to content

After period of intense speculation, LIV Golf confirms season-ending event in Michigan will no longer go ahead; tickets for event, scheduled for August 27-30, had not been available on the league website since last Thursday

LIV Golf's season-ending event in Michigan has been cancelled amid wider doubts over its future
Image:
LIV Golf’s season-ending event in Michigan has been cancelled amid wider doubts over its future

LIV Golf has confirmed its season-ending Team Championship event in Michigan will no longer go ahead, with this week’s tournament in Indianapolis to be a stroke-play event that concludes the season.

Part of a lengthy LIV Golf statement on Monday read: “With LIV Golf Indianapolis serving as the final event of the season, the previously scheduled Aramco LIV Golf Michigan, originally set for August 27-30, at The Cardinal at Saint John’s Resort, will not take place.”

As of last Thursday, tickets for LIV Golf’s Team Championship event in Michigan could no longer be purchased on its official website amid reports it had been cancelled, while star player Tyrrell Hatton entered a DP World Tour event on the same dates.

The Telegraph reported a day earlier that LIV’s players had been told of its cancellation. However nothing was confirmed by the league itself until Monday.

Please use Chrome browser for a more accessible video player

Bryson DeChambeau claims that LIV Golf players were left ‘surprised’ by the Saudi Public Investment Fund’s decision to withdraw funding from the organisation

England’s Hatton appeared on the latest version of the entry list for the British Masters, which also runs from August 27-30, live on Sky Sports.

Hatton is joined on the entry list by fellow LIV players Tom McKibbin and Adrian Meronk, with the trio set to tee it up at The Belfry, where the tournament is being hosted by Sir Nick Faldo.

Prior to its cancellation, former Open champion Cameron Smith had said he would be “disappointed” if the Indianapolis event did not go ahead.

Also See:

Please use Chrome browser for a more accessible video player

Rory McIlroy reflects on the running of the PGA Tour before LIV came along and shares his concerns over future schedules

LIV’s future into 2027 remains in doubt.

Saudi Arabia’s Public Investment Fund (PIF) announced in April it would be ending its financing of the league at the conclusion of the 2026 season, leaving LIV Golf searching for new investors.

League CEO Scott O’Neil announced earlier this month that the league had reached an agreement with a new unnamed ‘lead investor’ to provide funding for the 2027 season.

O’Neil said the deal was set to be finalised later this month but added the new investor had “signed a term sheet”.

Golf Now logo.

Get the best prices and book a round at one of 1,700 courses across the UK & Ireland