Abbie McManus has 17 caps for England Women; the 28-year-old has made seven appearances in all competitions for Manchester United this campaign; she spent a decade with Manchester City prior to joining United in 2019
Thursday 21 January 2021 20:01, UK
Tottenham have signed defender Abbie McManus on loan from Manchester United for the rest of the season.
The 28-year-old England international has made seven appearances in all competitions for United this campaign.
McManus, who spent a decade with Manchester City prior to joining United in 2019, said: “I’m really excited to be joining Tottenham Hotspur, a big club with big ambitions.
“The team is in great form, winning three games on the bounce, and hopefully we can continue to build on those performances in the next few games and get into the top half of the table.”
United added: “The club would like to wish Abbie the best of luck for the rest of the campaign.”
- Czech FA disputes Ronaldo goal record
- Hamilton’s ‘incredible’ opportunity, says new F1 boss
- Chelsea will have to wait for Nagelsmann
- Rooney: Man Utd will win title this year
- Ronaldo becomes top goalscorer in football history
- Lawrence ‘looking to take every opportunity’
- Pogba: Man Utd must be ‘arrogant’ to stay top
- Ref Watch: ‘Unpalatable loophole’ allows Silva goal
- Fury delivers warning: ‘I will smash AJ!’
- Download Instructions
The winter transfer window is open until Monday, February 1 at 11pm.
Follow all the news and analysis on Sky Sports News and across Sky Sports‘ digital platforms, including our dedicated Transfer Centre blog.